Oxygen Builder Review 2020
Last updated on January 9th, 2020 - with added information about Oxygen Builder's new pricing as well as WooCommerce and Gutenberg features.
Table of Contents
We here at Oxyelements have been using Oxygen Builder for more than a year now and we want to share our experience with you in order to give you better insight on this amazing tool.
Building a WordPress website can be very time consuming and often requires that you have a solid technical background.
On the other hand, page/site builders make it possible to build, customize, and edit your website even without any knowledge of coding.
This is one of the main reasons why page builders have become so attractive for people who want to make websites.
That is why we decided to write this review in order to give you an overview of Oxygen Builder and how using it can change the way people make their websites.
Before getting into all the details, let's clarify that Oxygen Builder has not paid us to do this review and there are no affiliate links in the text. On the other hand, we are biased, since we love Oxygen Builder and built Oxyelements that integrates directly into the builder. Rest assured, this review will contain all the relevant and necessary details in order to give the best insight in regards to Oxygen Builder.
Let's get started 🙂
How Did It Start
The first version of Oxygen builder was launched back in 2016 by Soflyy, lead by Louis Reingold.
His idea was to make a page builder that gives users the ability to tweak and control everything about their website right inside WordPress. He wanted to give power to the user by giving them full control of what they can create and design.
The project showed great potential, and the whole team has worked hard to make Oxygen Builder better than its competitors.
If you ask us, they definitely succeeded in doing so.
Since then, Oxygen Builder has gone through several updates, with Oxygen 3.1 being its latest version. Today, we can confidently say that it is one of the most powerful WordPress page builders in the market.
Below we'll share with you some of our thoughts on Oxygen Builder.
Who is Oxygen Builder for?
Are you someone who wants to develop very custom WordPress websites without coding? If you answered yes, then Oxygen Builder is for you.
Basically, Oxygen can be used by anyone. However, it will take some time for a person that is entirely new to web design and coding to master Oxygen Builder.
We like to say that Oxygen Builder is meant to be used by the power user and professional web designers. People who create entire websites from scratch can benefit from this builder.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you’re a beginner user or if you’re someone with considerable knowledge of WordPress. Just give this plugin a chance, you won’t regret it.
Most Powerful Website Builder
Oxygen Builder is a flexible and powerful visual builder for WordPress.
Unlike other visual builders in the market, Oxygen does not require a theme and is not a theme itself.
Basically, it is a plugin that allows you to build or design your entire WordPress website without needing to write a single line of code.
This is great because it allows people without knowledge in programming or coding to build professional and complex WordPress websites.
It is a complete game-changer in many ways, and it is essential to note that it is more than just a page builder. It is a full website builder that offers you a tremendous amount of flexibility with a drag and drop visual editor.
This plugin makes it possible to design virtually anything; it's like hand-coding but visually. If you can think it, you can build it with Oxygen Builder.
So, if what you’re looking for is absolute control over the way your website looks and feels, while making your workflow faster and easier, then Oxygen Builder provides exactly what you need.
Why we love Oxygen Builder
As you can already tell, we absolutely love Oxygen Builder!
Prebuilt components in Oxygen Builder makes it possible to build complete sites and pages quickly and with little effort.
In addition to that feature, here is a top 10 list of things we love about Oxygen Builder and why it is the most outstanding site builder available.
- You can create any design with Oxygen Builder.
Here are a couple of beautiful websites built with this tool. Most WordPress page builders have limited customization options while Oxygen allows you to customize every portion of your website. That’s why everyone from beginner to advanced users love it.
- It is very easy to add custom classes - which makes the designing process much more efficient.
- Layouts for different screen sizes can be adjusted effortlessly.
- Get an overview of your different website elements using the structure panel
- It is super easy to align elements either horizontally or vertically, with the built-in CSS flexbox settings.
- You can style the HTML output of plugins, directly from the visual editor, using the "selector detector" functionality
- You can add extra CSS to any element if you want
- It has the best implementation of Custom Post Types templates since you can set up different layouts for individual Post Types and even use Custom Field data in the designs. You’ll never have to touch PHP ever again since this feature can also be used for both archive pages and single post views.
- There are many resources for learning which include youtube videos, how-to tutorials as well as an active Facebook group of fellow web designers.
Create Clean Designs with even Cleaner Code
Oxygen generates super clean, short, and beautiful code.
Why is clean code relevant?
The code output makes the websites smaller in file size, and the simple HTML structure makes it much faster for the browser to render the site. Oxygen builder does an outstanding job compared to other builders on the market.
A clean code also makes your website friendlier towards search engines. This will result in improving your SEO ranking, and your website will start getting more traffic.
In other words, your Oxygen Builder website loads lightning fast.
What Makes Oxygen Builder Different From Other Page Builders?
Oxygen Builder, like most other visual builders in the market, gives you the ability to build your WordPress website using an intuitive drag and drop feature.
While this part is true, there are certain nuances about how Oxygen does this, as well as other features that we feel, are game-changing and separates Oxygen from the rest of the competition.
We are very well aware that each page builder tool has its own set of positive and unique features that aligns with other people’s preferences.
Having worked with different visual builders before, we are convinced that Oxygen Builder is the way to go since it gives exactly what we need and more.
We made a list of the advantages you get from using Oxygen Builder instead of other competing brands.
- Lifetime Support and Updates - Oxygen Builder’s lifetime license, ongoing support, and frequent updates make it very convenient to use.
- More Design Options - Oxygen has a lot more design options such as their CSS transforms, filters, blend modes, etc. Although all visual builders have their own scroll animations, Oxygen allows for further configuration on this as well as having global page animation settings.
- Responsive Control - Oxygen allows for responsive control on all CSS properties. Basically, if it’s a CSS property in Oxygen, you can customize and control it to how you want it. Other visual builders have limitations in this aspect.
- More Control on Headers and Footers - Oxygen gives you the ability to customize the header design when the header is sticky or overlaying a background. The dedicated header builder element allows Oxygen users to easily change their header design and functionality.
- Better Layout Features - Oxygen’s layout settings use CSS flexbox which allows for a far better, more intuitive user experience when it comes to creating the ideal vertical or horizontal layout that adapts perfectly to different screen sizes.
- High Performance and SEO - Oxygen outperforms other visual builders in terms of speed and general file size. It also scores really well in Google’s Lighthouse Performance Test where other tools in the same category would fail.
- WooCommerce and Gutenberg Integration - The fact that Oxygen isn’t a theme allow you to get full control and a consistent look on all of your WooCommerce elements. You can also visually build editable Gutenberg blocks, as well as having your clients edit page content through Gutenberg.
- Intuitive User Interface and Features - Oxygen has features that allow for an easier workflow and better UI such as having global colors for all elements, multi-element styling, user design library, draggable margins and more.
Oxygen Builder continuously launches updates and new features regularly. Below are some of their newest changes and implementations that are worth mentioning.
With Oxygen now having official WooCommerce integration, you can now fully customize your store with global styles.
Create The Store You’ve Always Wanted
Imagine this: You have just created your dream WooCommerce store. Everything from the layout, design, structure and natural flow are perfect. Implementing your ideas in a professional way was so easy that it blew your mind.
This dream has now been made into reality, thanks to Oxygen Builder’s WooCommerce integration.
You can make your store look the way you want it to look using Oxygen’s highly configurable WooCommerce elements. From adding native WooCommerce product price, “Add To Cart” buttons, notifications, links, inputs, text, widgets and more, Oxygen has it all.
You can also make creative store pages such as:
- Shop Page
- Individual Products Page
- Cart Page
- Checkout Page
- My Account Page
- Related Products Page
- Customer Ratings
- And so much more!
There are no limits to what you can create, design and customize. With this level of freedom and flexibility, anyone will feel like a professional once they start making their WooCommerce stores using Oxygen Builder.
Gutenberg Block Builder Integration
They say people work best with things that they are familiar with.
What better way to achieve this than by giving people the familiar WordPress experience they’ve been used to through Gutenberg blocks.
More Opportunities With Gutenberg
Are you worried about your clients breaking the website you just made? Have you had trouble with clients that just can’t work with your site builder editor?
The Gutenberg integration allows for more opportunities because it gives users a familiar interface to work with.
Handing over a website to your client has never been easier because you can customize your Gutenberg block layout to fit your client’s needs so that they have full control, even if they’ve never worked with the Oxygen Builder editor before!
The way it works is that you do your design inside Oxygen Builder and then you can turn these designs into Gutenberg blocks. When you hand over the website to your client, they can edit the pages inside Gutenberg.
If your client wants more advanced changes such as padding, margin, border-radius, etc. you can jump back into the Oxygen Builder editor and make changes to the Gutenberg block in question.
One of the most sought-after Oxygen Builder features is Mega Menus. The Oxygen Builder facebook group has had many discussions about the topic and many community members has come up with different solutions.
Some use third party wordpress plugins, some build it with basic Oxygen components plus some CSS, and some use a design set such as ours. We have already made several Mega Menu elements, using basic Oxygen components and some CSS, which is a great way to get started.
The Oxygen team announced that they will be adding a Pro Menu Element to their list of components. We are excited to see how much it will allow us to customize the menu without using CSS tweaks. Because in the end, we know that most users prefer using the editor.
With the addition of the pro menu, Oxygen Builder becomes an even more pro option for web designers working with clients with particular wishes for customized designs.
Not Sure if Oxygen Builder is For You
With all the things we’ve said about Oxygen Builder so far, you might still have some concerns or questions about using the plugin.
One of the things that we’ve heard people are concerned about is if they can use Oxygen for their client’s websites besides their own. The good news is that Oxygen’s licence is valid for all websites that you create and design, whether the website is yours or a client’s.
We’ve also heard about the concern that people have with plugins and which ones they can use in Oxygen. As of now, Oxygen can work with most plugins, and you can edit and style these plugins with Oxygen’s Selector Detector utility tool.
A good tip is to do a search in the Oxygen Builder Facebook group and see if fellow web designers already discussed the plugin you are looking to implement.
Users have also had concerns regarding their theme on WordPress and how it would act alongside Oxygen. This is why it is important to know that Oxygen is not a theme and disables the entire WordPress theme system.
Perhaps, you’re overwhelmed by the number of features that Oxygen has and are questioning yourself if you’re capable of using them.
There’s no need to worry because, as mentioned earlier in the post, it doesn’t matter if you’re a newbie or veteran, Oxygen will work for you. Also, the team behind Oxygen Builder has made more than 60 reference videos that can teach you all about their modules.
There are also videos there that show you specific solutions to various problems that you may encounter.
Oxygen Builder is already easy to use by itself, but did you know that there’s a way to make your life even easier?
Whether you’re a professional web designer or someone who is just looking to make their first website, you can find great value in Oxyelements. We offer unlimited access to more than 170 prebuilt design elements so that you don’t have to waste time making your own!
Oxygen Builder Gives You Value for Your Money
Oxygen Builder’s Basic package includes the essential version of Oxygen and costs a one-time fee of USD99.
They offer two other packages that add extra features to the basic version.
- WooCommerce package includes the WooCommerce related modules added in Oxygen Builder 3.0. This package costs a one-time fee of USD149 (This is a limited time offer, where you save USD30).
- Agency package. This package includes all modules from both "Basic" and "WooCommerce" as well as additional elements related to Gutenberg. This package costs a one-time fee of USD169 (This is a limited time offer, where you save USD80).
Good to know
- All packages include a lifetime of updates and support.
- You can use Oxygen Builder for your clients' websites.
- If you are uncertain, there is also a 60-day money-back guarantee so you can look at this as a 60 days trial with Oxygen Builder.
We believe that Oxygen Builder is a great offer, no matter which package you decide to go for.
Oxygen Builder is an excellent WordPress plugin for building websites and pages. It is meant both for beginners and advanced users.
Beginners will most probably use prebuilt elements that come with Oxygen Builder or the service we offer here at oxyelements. Using our service, a beginner can create professional websites without stressing about the details.
If you’re an advanced user, then you’ll enjoy the added flexibility as well as the attention of detail that Oxygen Builder offers you. You’ll be able to create entire websites from scratch while customizing every part of it.
For an even better experience and performance, you could also use Oxyelements to improve your workflow so that you can build professional websites in hours instead of days. To get an idea of how Oxygen Builder works, you can try it out for free.
Oxyelements are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Oxygen Builder by Soflyy.
However, we love and recommend Oxygen Builder for WordPress.
Please note that Oxygen Builder is required to make use of any Design Elements you see on oxyelements.com.